Winter Siberia and the Yamal Peninsula
We are going to Siberia – towards Vorkuta and Yamal. This region is known for sad stories related to the numerous Gulags -the communist labor camps. Millions of political prisoners died of starvation and exhaustion in the camps. During our tour we will have the opportunity to see several such camps. The camps have been closed for years, but the ruins can still be seen hidden in Taiga. The area is basically inaccessible to cars in the summer. When winter ends, the whole area turns into one big swamp to. By car, you can only get there in winter on the famous winter roads called “Zimniki”, which are formed on the bone-frozen swampy Siberian tundra, lakes and rivers.
Tour StyleOwn cars
Min. 3 - Max. 6 cars
The total distance of the tour is about 10,000 km. During our tour, apart from visiting Vorkuta, crossing the northern Urals, we will visit Asia and the Yamal Peninsula. Accommodation in hotels but you have to be prepared to spend the night in the car. Expected temperatures: around 20 degrees below zero. Before leaving, make sure that the vehicle is ready for a difficult and long journey.
Since the destination is outside the European Union, you must have a passport and valid entry Russian visas.
- green card – car insurance
- resp. authorization to use the car in the case of company cars, leasing cars, etc.
- additional medical expenses insurance
- valid passport
- russian tourist visa
MIN. NUMBER OF CARS – 3
MAX. NUMBER OF CARS – 6
The condition of registering the application and participation in the expedition is the payment of a non-returnable symbolic deposit * 100 EUR up to 7 days from the date of application.
The deposit is returned if the expedition is canceled by the organizer
- guarantees of fun
- rest from everyday hustle and bustle
- 4×4 unforgettable adventure
- free car review in our service before and after the trip
- the presence 24/7 of an experienced representative of East Adventure 4×4.
- package of photos from the trip for each participantsouvenir
- souvenir gadgets
- bad humor
- fuel costs,
- entrance costs to parks, museums, etc.
- accommodation costs at campsites or in pensions and hotels.
RECOMMENDED CAMPING EQUIPMENT
- sleeping bags (recommended thermal comfort -20/-25 C)
- warm checked shoes
- tourist stove
- fuel to the stove
- kitchen dishes
- technical water canister min. 20L
- we recommend taking a well-stocked first aid kit and a supply of necessary medicines
The participants prepare their own meals. We recommend doing basic grocery shopping, such as cans, ready meals, coffee, tea, etc., before leaving. We plan several meals in local restaurants so that everyone has the opportunity to get acquainted with the local cuisine. It is a good idea to take EUR/US dollars with you and exchange them for local currency. Alternatively, you can use ATMs. Small shops and gas stations do not always accept payments in euros, much less by card.
- 20L fuel canister
- AT or winter tires
- off-road equipment: straps, shackles.
- CB radio
LIST OF SPARE PARTS
- oils for engine, gearbox, diff’s and transferbox
- set of basic tools
- set of bulbs
- a reflective vest
- spare keys
- brake pads front / rear